ROUTINE: PA (if possible, otherwise AP) & Lateral.
FOCAL SPOT: Large
IMAGING PLATE: 14x17 CR cassette or digital.
- PA/AP: Perpendicular to T-7 (7-8” below vertebral prominence).
- Lateral: Perpendicular to T-7.
- PA Chest: Patient puts their hands on their hips and rolls their shoulder and elbows forward to get their scapulas out of the lung fields.
- Lateral Chest: Patient puts both arms over their head and grabs onto their elbows, if possible.
- Annotate on the film whether it was done AP or PA.
- Take films on full inspiration.
SEE ALSO/OTHER VIEWS
- Decubitus chest-see pg 48.
- Apical Lordotic-see pg 48.