- KUB - Supine Abdomen to include Kidneys, Ureters & Bladder
- 1View ABDOMEN - Supine Abdomen to include flank to flank and symphysis.
- 2View ABDOMEN - Supine Abdomen to include flank to flank and symphysis and Upright Abdomen to include flank to flank and diaphragm down to the pubic symphysis.
NOTE: Abdomen films done for POST EVAR (endovascular surgery for AAA repair)-ordered by Dr. Sig, Cogbill or ClarkDavis-take 1 exposure on a 14x17 lengthwise to visualize graft. Diaphragms and/or symphysis not needed.
FOCAL SPOT: Large
IMAGING PLATE: 14x17 CR cassette
CENTRAL RAY: Perpendicular to cassette centered at level of the iliac crests with bottom of the cassette at the pubic symphysis.
- Be certain to include the entire abdomen (flank to flank). Use two 14x17 cassettes crosswise or two 14x17 cassettes lengthwise across the upper abdomen and a 3rd 14x17 cassette across the lower abdomen, if necessary.
- If ordered for Aneurysm, do an LPO and a Lateral.
- If unable to do upright, do a Left Lateral Decubitus.
- Up to 3 yrs old, if patient can’t stand, do Left Lateral Decubitus Abdomen (left side down) rather than sitting Abdomen.