When you are looking for a fertility specialist to help you realize your dreams of having a baby, you want a program that will provide the best value for your money. Gundersen Fertility Center has above average success rates at a price that is very competitive with other fertility centers.
Our Fertility Center keeps in vitro fertilization a fees as low as possible. Other benefits include:
- Significantly discounted prices for patients without insurance
- Comprehensive package pricing
- No hidden costs
Gundersen IVF charges
2013 IVF price = $9,000
IVF using known donor eggs = $11,700*
*The cost does not include a cycle coordination fee
These costs include:
- Baseline ultrasound and all monitoring ultrasounds
- Baseline estradiol and all monitoring estradiol levels
- One progesterone level at the end of your stimulation
- Cryopreservation of a backup semen specimen
- Egg retrieval with conscious sedation and ultrasound guidance
- Egg identification and sperm preparation
- Egg insemination and culture of embryos
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) if necessary
- Preparation of embryos for transfer
- Assisted hatching of embryos if necessary
- Embryo transfer with ultrasound guidance
These costs do not include:
- Any testing or workup that may be required prior to the IVF cycle.
- Cycle medications to stimulate the ovaries to produce eggs or prepare the uterus to accept the embryos.
- Cryopreservation or freezing of extra embryos.
- Frozen embryo storage.
Other IVF programs may appear to be less expensive, but may have hidden fees. Watch out for:
- Extra fees for needed services such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), ultrasounds, or laboratory testing.
- Shared risk or warranty packages that could cost more than a single IVF cycle and criteria to qualify are strict.
When comparing prices, it's important to look closely at what is included in each package. Use this worksheet to help you calculate the actual cost of in vitro fertilization.
Pricing is available upon request for other services including:
- IVF using anonymous donor eggs
- IVF using a gestational surrogate
- Frozen embryo transfer cycle
- Frozen embryo transfer cycle using gestational surrogate
- Frozen embryo transfer cycle using donated embryos
- Surgical Sperm Aspiration
- Fertility preservation (sperm, eggs, and embryos)
Gundersen requires prepayment for all major infertility services not covered by insurance. You may pay using the following options:
- Discover Card
Your employer may have a flexible spending benefit. It takes money from your paycheck pre-tax and makes it available for you to spend on medical care not covered by your insurance, saving you money. Contact your employer's benefits office for more details.