Gundersen Family Medicine physicians are trained to treat all members of your family, no matter the age or gender. Our physicians build a personal patient-physician relationship to provide care for the whole person.
Family Medicine physicians can provide care for a vast majority of your healthcare, but they also work closely with Gundersen medical specialists when needed. Family Medicine services include:
- Newborn care
- Well-child exams
- School and sports physicals
- Woman's health exams and gynecologic care
- Adult physical exams
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses
- Care of minor injuries including minor outpatient procedures
- Chronic disease management such as diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure
- Prenatal care and delivery (service varies by clinician)
- Preventive care and healthy lifestyle including smoking cessation, weight management, vaccinations and healthcare screenings
There’s a Family Medicine doctor near you
Find Family Medicine practitioners at any Gundersen regional clinic in addition to the Family Medicine Clinic in La Crosse, Level 1, Founders Building and our new Family Medicine Residency Clinic, Level 2, Founders Building.
All Gundersen Family Medicine practices have received Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) certification. PCMH is a healthcare model that fosters partnerships between you as the patients and your primary care provider and care team. It’s designed to assure that you receive quality primary care in a way that is sensitive to your needs and wants.
Family Medicine in La Crosse and Onalaska is a service of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.