Family Medicine physicians are uniquely trained to treat all members of your family, no matter the age or gender. Our physicians build a personal patient-physician relationship to provide care for the whole person. They make sure to look at the big picture of you, your family, and your environment when creating a plan for treating or preventing conditions.
Family Medicine physicians are trained to work in all major medical areas. They provide care for a vast majority of health problems, but also work closely with medical specialists throughout Gundersen Lutheran when needed to make sure their patients are getting the best care.
Our physicians are just as interested in keeping you healthy as they are about getting you well. They focus on preventative health as well as treating current medical concerns. Our services include:
- Newborn care
- Well child exams
- Sports physicals and sports medicine
- Woman's health exams and gynecologic care
- Adult physical exams
- Acute illness evaluation and treatment
- Chronic disease management such as diabetes, heart disease and hyper-tension
- Care of minor acute injuries
- Minor outpatient procedures
- Geriatric medicine
- Prenatal care and delivery (service varies by clinician)
- Healthy lifestyle visits including:
- Smoking cessation
- Heart disease prevention
- Weight management
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment
Care for the entire family...all in one place
Family Medicine in La Crosse and Onalaska is a service of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.