Healthy teeth and gums are essential to your child's overall good health. Injured, diseased, or poorly developed teeth can result in poor nutrition, painful and dangerous infections, and problems with speech development and self-image.
A pediatric dentist is a dentist who specializes in oral healthcare of children, from infancy through adolescents (18 years old). In guiding children and teens through their dental growth and development, pediatric dentists often work closely with other dental specialists, pediatricians and family physicians to provide comprehensive care. We focus on:
- Preventive care so problems do not arise
- Early detection and treatment of dental diseases and early orthodontic problems
- Restorative care
- Surgical care
Our pediatric dentist is specially trained in child psychology so he can help alleviate a child's fears about having a dental exam or dental work performed. Our pediatric dentist is also specially trained to care for and treat a child who has a developmental disability.
- Help your child brush and floss every night
- Avoid snacks with refined carbs such as candy, chips, juice and soda
- Eat fresh fruits, veggies and dairy to promote a healthy smile
- Wear a mouth guard when playing sports