Each year, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals provides families in the Gundersen Health System service area funding for:
- Respite care
- Transportation, lodging and/or meal costs
- Architectural changes to the home to accommodate a child’s special needs
- Camps and conferences
- Specialized medical equipment and services, such as wheelchairs, ramps and lifts and insulin pumps
- Community programs that benefit children
Generous donations have allowed Children's Miracle Network Hospitals to contribute money towards the purchase of everything from life-saving equipment—like ventilators, specialized incubators and air transport isolettes—to something as simple as a reclining chair to provide comfort to families as they rock their children to sleep during a hospital stay.
Not all Children's Miracle Network Hospitals are created equal. Children's Miracle Network at Gundersen means:
- 100 percent of money raised in the Tri-state Region stays here to help our kids
- Children's Miracle Network Hospitals helps families no matter what the disease or injury
- Families may apply for funding no matter where their child receives their healthcare. We help families in 24 counties in western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa (see map to the right for service area)
The majority of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals use all of the money raised for programs and equipment. It is rare for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals to give funds directly to families. However, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals at Gundersen does just that–grants funds to families no matter what the illness, injury or where they receive their healthcare. We are truly here for our community.