In times of need, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is there. We alleviate some of the financial stress surrounding a child’s serious illness by providing families in our 24 county service area funding for:
- Respite care
- Transportation, lodging and/or meal costs
- Architectural changes to the home to accommodate a child’s special needs
- Camps and conferences
- Specialized medical equipment and services, such as wheelchairs, ramps and lifts and insulin pumps
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is a service of Gundersen Medical Foundation made possible by the generosity of many individuals and businesses in our community. Generous donations have allowed CMN Hospitals to contribute money toward the purchase of everything from life-saving equipment—like ventilators, specialized incubators and air transport isolettes—to something as simple as a reclining chair to provide comfort to families as they rock their children to sleep during a hospital stay.
There are more than 170 Children's Miracle Network Hospitals throughout the United States and Canada but not all CMN Hospitals are created equal. Children's Miracle Network at Gundersen means:
- 100 percent of money raised in the Tri-state Region stays here to help our kids
- Children's Miracle Network Hospitals helps families no matter what the illness or injury
- Families may apply for funding no matter where their child receives healthcare. We help families in 24 counties in western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa (see map to the right for service area)
The majority of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals designate all money raised for programs and equipment. It is rare for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals to give funds directly to families. However, CMN Hospitals at Gundersen does just that. We are truly here for our community.