Opportunities as a Gundersen Nurse
Department Descriptions: As a large,multi-specialty group medical practice, there are numerous opportunities and settings to provide care at Gundersen Health System. It is our goal to have the right nurse doing the right work. Learn more about our inpatient and outpatient departments.
Clinical Nurse Leaders: Ready to advance your career? The clinical nurse leader (CNL) is a fast-emerging nursing role at Gundersen. Learn how this masters-prepared nurse generalist is affecting positive change at the bedside.
Legacy of Nursing Scholarship Program: Our organization has supported nursing education for almost a century. The Legacy of Nursing Scholarship Program supports nurses who wish to continue their education toward a degree or certification. Five nursing scholarships are awarded annually:
- Dianna P. Myhre Nurse Practitioner Scholarship – $1,000 scholarship awarded annually to a Gundersen RN who is continuing his/her education as a nurse practitioner or Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
- Julie MacDonald Nursing Scholarships – Two scholarships of $500 each awarded annually to Gundersen associate degree nurses pursuing their Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Alice Wehrenberg Scholarship – $500 scholarship awarded annually to a hospital nurse for continuing education needs.
- Heritage Nursing Scholarship – $1,000 scholarship awarded annually to a nurse pursuing his/her master’s degree in nursing: clinical nurse leader, clinical nurse specialist, nursing education.
- Barbara Kroner Scholarship – $500 scholarship awarded annually to a Gundersen associate degree nurse who is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Nurse Residency Program: All registered nurses hired at Gundersen with less than 12 months of acute/inpatient care experience are eligible for our Nurse Residency Program. The year-long program promotes leadership development, expands practice skills and prepares nurses to respond to future healthcare demands.
Nursing Research: Whatever your research endeavor, our Nursing Research department can assist throughout the development of your project, including assistance with design, measurement, statistical and qualitative analysis and computer applications.