More than 1,700 nurses work together at Gundersen Health System providing compassionate, patient and family-centered care.
Our fully integrated health system offers numerous and varied opportunities including working in a multi-specialty group medical practice with a teaching hospital and large clinic. We also have smaller regional community clinics, partner hospitals, nursing homes, behavioral health services, worksite clinics, pharmacies, air and ground ambulances, and other opportunities.
In addition, Gundersen offers:
- Tuition reimbursement, nursing scholarships and support for specialty certifications to help advance your career
- Nurse Residency Program for newer nurses
- Recognition such as Nurse Excellence Awards and Nurses Week Celebrations
- A dynamic Nursing Research Department within the Gundersen Medical Foundation that promotes scholarship for staff who wish to become experts in their research and evidence-based practice
- Global Partners medical and community missions
- Nursing Council opportunities for nurses at all levels
- Centering Suite, HeartMath program, wellness reward program, on-site fitness facility and classes, on-site daycare and more
- Envision® our nationally recognized environmental program and the nation’s first energy-independent medical campus
Has a nurse made a difference in your life?
Make a donation to the Caring Tribute to Nurses to honor an individual nurse, a department or nursing excellence in general. Your generosity supports the professional development of Gundersen nurses through several funds.