Health Explorers at Gundersen Health System is a program sponsored through Gundersen, Learning for Life
and Gateway Area Council
. Gundersen is able to serve the youth of our community by allowing them to explorer a career in healthcare first hand.
Who can become an Explorer?
Health Exploring Post 917 is open to young men and women who are 14 (and have completed the eighth grade) through 20 years of age. Cost is $30 per year.
Why become a Health Explorer?
The purpose of the Health Explorers program is to give members information about careers in healthcare through tours, guest speakers, projects, seminars, workshops and summer jobs.
How do I become a Health Explorer?
Contact Jim Klock at (608) 775-5293 or email@example.com
; or Brigit Olsen at (608) 775-0809 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploring programs are based on five areas of emphasis:
- Career Opportunities - Develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options. Boost self-confidence and experience success at school and work
- Life Skills - Build physical and mental fitness. Experience positive social interaction
- Service Learning - Encourage the skill and desire to help others. Gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others
- Character Education - Help make ethical choices. Fulfill one's responsibility to society as a whole
- Leadership Experience - Acquire leadership skills to fulfill one's responsibilities in society