Why choose Gundersen Health System?
Consider starting or continuing a fulfilling career at Gundersen Health System. Gundersen is a comprehensive healthcare network of wholly owned services and regional partners in the Tri-state Region of western Wisconsin, northwestern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota.
Our physician-led system includes hospitals, an inpatient behavioral health center, medical clinics, eye care centers and nursing homes throughout a 19-county area.
Many of our specialists provide outreach services throughout the regional system, in person and via telemedicine. Specialists are also able to quickly consult with colleagues system-wide, share medical records and tests, and together provide a level of care that repeatedly distinguishes us as among the top healthcare organizations in the country.
By the numbers
- Top 1 percent in the nation—Healthgrades®
- More than 700 doctors, dentists and associate clinicians
- Four affiliate critical access hospitals
- 19-county service area with Medical Home clinic locations
- More than 1,600 nurses
- Level II Trauma Center
- 30-bed Inpatient Behavioral Health center
- 125 years in local communities
What sets us apart
We value integrity, excellence, respect and innovation in our employees. We believe that great patient care comes from employees who are valued, trusted, respected, empowered and happy in their careers.
We will enhance the health and well-being of our communities while enriching every life we touch, including patients, families, and staff.
We distinguish ourselves through excellence in patient care, education, research and through improved health in the communities we serve.
- Integrity - Perform with honesty, responsibility and transparency.
- Excellence - Achieve excellence in all aspects of delivering healthcare.
- Respect - Treat patients, families, and coworkers with dignity.
- Innovation - Embrace change and new ideas.
- Compassion - Provide compassionate care to patients and families.
Personal and professional benefits
Staff is welcomed to a safe environment where personal health and professional growth and advancement are encouraged; and organization-wide efforts to improve employees' skills and wellness are ongoing. Our comprehensive benefits are another way we show staff they are valued.