When you hear the word cancer, your life instantly changes. You want the best care possible . . . the best treatment, latest technology and the best doctors. And, you want hope from a care team that is at your side every step of the way. That's why Gundersen's Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders is committed to providing the best cancer care, close to home. Expect an unmatched level of care for your cancer care. We do.
Specialists in the Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders are committed to education, clinical research and cancer prevention. They provide cutting edge diagnosis and treatments for:
For more than 30 years, Gundersen radiation oncologists have stopped or slowed cancer with state-of-the-art technology. These innovations offer patients many advantages including:
- Better cancer detection
- More targeted treatment
- Greater protection for healthy tissue
- Reduced treatment time
- Quicker recovery time
- Hope for once inoperable cancers
- Generally less physically taxing treatments for patients
Patients have access to treatments available at major medical centers throughout the US through promising clinical trials offered right at Gundersen.
Depending on each cancer's location and stage, there are many options for cancer treatments including:
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- MammoSite™ partial breast radiation therapy
- Respiratory Gating for left-sided breast cancer to miss the heart
- Prostate Brachytherapy - Radioactive Seed Implants
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- High Dose Rate brachytherapy (HDR)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- Respiratory Gating for lung cancer
- External beam radiation
- 3D conformal radiation
Radiation Oncology and Hematology/Oncology are departments of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.