One in seven women will develop breast cancer sometime during their lifetime. Early detection through screening mammograms greatly improves treatment options and helps save lives. Gundersen is dedicated to making mammograms more accessible to women in our Tri-State Area.
A 40-foot, self-contained digital mobile mammography coach travels to medical clinics, factories and businesses, churches, communities, malls and other locations to bring this life-saving screening to women. Screening mammograms are performed right in the unit and take approximately 30 minutes.
Women are able to receive the highest quality mammography testing in a convenient setting. Other features of the mobile mammography coach include:
- Full field digital mammography—the very latest technology available.
- Screenings performed by a registered mammography technologist.
- All mammograms will be viewed by a breast radiologist at Gundersen’s Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care.
- Monthly breast exam education, as well as other women’s health information and videos.
- Able to run off its own generator so no additional power supply is needed.
One yearly screening mammogram for women over 40 years of age is covered by insurance, Medicare and Medicaid. Women will not be turned away due to inability to pay.
Gundersen's mobile mammography unit travels to some regional Gundersen locations where mammography services would not otherwise be available. We currently go to Scenic Bluffs in Cashton, La Crescent, Harmony, Postville, Spring Grove, Lansing, Galesville, Houston and once a year to the Houston County Fair.