Consideration for bariatric surgery begins with a mandatory informational seminar.
During this informative seminar, Christopher Larson, PA-C, RD, will discuss the following information:
- Criteria used to determine if you are a good candidate
- Goals and benefits of the surgery
- Required lifestyle changes
- Potential risks and complications
The one hour seminar leaves plenty of time for questions.
Following the seminar you will need to complete a health history form that is online through your My Care account to obtain an appointment.
If you do not have a My Care account:
- My Care is a great online tool for you. It allows you to:
- View lab test results
- Schedule or cancel future appointments
- Contact us or any of your doctors with non-urgent questions
- And more
You can do all of this anytime day or night when the time is right for you.
For assistance you can call (608) 775-5995. Library staff are also available to assist you in completing your health history if you do not have a computer at home.
Also, please bring a copy of your insurance cards to be collected.
2014 Understanding Your Weight Management Options (in Onalaska)