Partner with a trusted healthcare organizaton to get your energy efficiency program started
||Inquire about an energy check-up.
A custom package can be arranged based on the size and scope of your needs. Some of the services that may be part of your package include:
- Pre-energy audit conference calls
- Determine scope of audit and logistics
- Energy bill evaluation and baseline analysis
- On-site energy audit with Gundersen energy consultants
- Energy calculator tools and resources
- Instruments for energy measurement
- Tools for determining conservation measure priorities
- Tools for risk mitigation during implementation
- Action plan follow-up conference calls
- Development of monitoring scorecard
Envision, is a model for healthcare providers nationwide. We have achieved energy efficiency improvements at a rate that was previously unheard of, and those improvements have led to more than $1 million in annual savings.
We know how it feels to begin the energy efficiency journey without a partner for guidance. A few years ago, Gundersen Health System was much like your healthcare organization. Our energy costs were rising by about $500,000 a year—charges that were being passed on to patients in the form of higher healthcare costs. Something had to change.
An energy audit in 2008 allowed us to uncover a number of energy conservation measures to improve efficiency and reduce energy demand, and we began seeing paybacks quickly. By the end of 2009, we improved energy efficiency by 25%.
Your healthcare facility can realize similar success, and we can show you how through a customized energy check-up conducted by Gundersen's energy consultants. We'll help you launch your program and work with your team to show you how you can achieve up to 10% savings in just the first year. Packages are modestly priced and available for organizations of all sizes. We will help you determine the package that is right for you based on your facility size and needs. Additional hourly consultation and speaking engagement services are also available.
Gundersen's energy check-up uncovered a number of opportunities for measures that improved energy efficiency, including:
- Retrofitting light fixtures with new light technology. Savings: $245,000 yearly
- Scheduling when air handlers run. Savings: $78,000 annually
- Chiller/tower optimization. Savings: $65,000 annually
- Changes to boiler use. Savings: $64,000 annually